An encyclopedia in Scholarpedia is a portal page containing lists of articles/authors on a given topic and other useful informations. A list of encyclopedias related to Condensed matter follows.
In Scholarpedia categories are keywords (also) used to label articles related to the same topic. For each keyword, a page containing links to all articles with that keyword is automatically created. Articles belonging to a category C are not necessarily included in a category D wider than C. A list of categories related to Condensed matter follows. Click on a category link to see the articles belonging to that category.
- Category:Condensed matter
The visual help page visually describes how to log-in, how to submit a paper (for authors), how to approve a paper (for referees), how to approve a version of an article (for curators) and other common actions in authors', reviewers', curators' life.
Authors are strongly advised to read Instructions for authors (Physics), which include:
- An introduction to some elementary actions any author should master to become editor--independent.
- An introduction to Scholarwiki, the dialect of wikitext markup language on which articles are written in Scholarpedia.
- A few ready--to--cut--and--paste examples of useful advanced editing topics.
- A review of the editorial conventions in use in Scholarpedia.
- An overview of the administrative procedures.
- A commented list of links for the reader wanting to improve his knowledge.
Authors are welcome to put relevant scientific information (mini-CV, awards,research interests, picture) in their own user-page (http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/User:your_user_name). See a ready to copy and customize template, examples:example 1, example 2, example 3.
- Waiting for a sufficient number of physicists in Scholarpedia to systematically start authors' elections, articles in "Encyclopedia of condensed matter" are written on Editors' invitation only.
- Suggestions of living original inventors and world--acknowledged experts are welcome.
To suggest an author X for a title Y, send an email to editors with subject: 'suggestion for Scholarpedia: X' and body:
Article title: Y Author: X Email: recent email URL: X's homepage (optional) Affiliation: University of ... Comment: Why is X qualified to write Y? Awards: Nobel prize, Dirac Medal,... (optional) Suggested by: your Scholarpedia username
If editors accept your suggestion and the author agrees the invitation your Scholarpedia index will be increased of one point.